InBio.be – Centre for Industrial Biotechnology and Biocatalysis
Faculty of Bioscience Engineering, Ghent University
Address: Coupure links 653, 9000 Gent, Belgium
Tel.: +32 9 2646226
- On the highway (E40: Brussel/Oostende or E17 Antwerpen/Kortrijk), take the exit GENT CENTRUM
- At the bifurication, just before the overpass, take the exit ALLE RICHTINGEN (and NOT Gent Centrum).
- Under the overpass, take the extreme left lane and make a left turn at the first trafic light, direction EEKLO. You are now on the city ring-road (R40).
- Continue on the ring-road, direction Eeklo (St. Lievenslaan, Ch. De Kerckhovelaan, Godshuizenlaan, Martelaarslaan) until the 8th traffic light. Turn right (follow the tram tracks) onto Bernard Spaelaan.
- Continue onto Rozemarijnstraat until you reach the canal Coupure Links.
- Turn left onto Coupure Links, just before the Rozemarijn bridge.
- Continue until you see the campus of the Faculty ‘Bio-ingenieurs wetenschappen’ on your left hand side. The entrance is at the corner.
- Parking is possible along the Coupure (parking meters!) or on the campus itself. When you want to enter the faculty by car, you’ll have to pass a barrier. Press the button on the left side of the barrier and identify yourself as a visitor of the laboratory. The barrier will be opened and you’ll be able to park your car on the campus. There is a large parking behind the B-block.
- From Brussels airport to Ghent:
- Take a train to Brussels Central Station.
- Take a train to Ghent from there: All trains with destination Oostende, Knokke-Blankenberge and Ghent are OK (take an IC –Inter City– train, other types of trains make too frequent stops). The train ride to Ghent takes about 40 min.
- For timetables click here . (select from ‘Brussels airport’ and to ‘Gent Sint Pieters)’
- From the Ghent train station (Sint-Pietersstation):
- Take tramway no. 4 which will take you right in front of the faculty, or tramway nr 2 , where you have to get off at the Rozemarijn bridge just before the canal (= Coupure). The trip takes about 10 min.
- Cross the road and follow Coupure Links along the canal. The entrance of the campus is on the next corner.
Location of InBio.be
- Once you have entered the Faculty, you will see on your right-hand side a low red building (A-block) and straight ahead a newer 6-floor building (B-block).
- Enter the B-block by taking the middle entrance and take the elevator to the 2nd floor.