InBio.be - Centre for Industrial Biotechnology & Biocatalysis
Faculty of Bioscience Engineering, Ghent University
Address: Coupure links 653, 9000 Gent, Belgium
Tel.: +32 9 2646226
- Enter your starting point here and check out the details.
- Please be aware the center of Ghent is a low emission zone. Check out all details here.
- If you turn left onto Coupure Links, just before the Rozemarijn bridge, be aware this is a bicycle street: cyclists have the right of way and must not be passed.
- Parking is possible along the Coupure (parking meters!) or on the campus itself. When you want to enter the faculty by car, you’ll have to pass a barrier. Press the button on the left side. The barrier will open and you’ll be able to park your car on the campus. There is a large parking behind the B-block. To exit the parking, you will need a 'jetton'. Please ask one from the person you visit at Inbio.be.
- If you need any further details, check out our Faculty web page.
By public transport
- From Brussels airport to Ghent:
- Take a train to Brussels Central Station.
- Take a train to Ghent from there: all trains with destination Oostende, Knokke-Blankenberge and Ghent are OK (take an IC –Inter City– train, other types of trains make too frequent stops). The train ride to Ghent takes about 40 min.
- For timetables and tickets click here (select from ‘Brussels airport’ and to ‘Gent Sint Pieters').
- From the Ghent train station (Gent Sint-Pieters):
- Take tramway no. 4 which will take you right in front of the faculty, or tramway nr 2 , where you have to get off at the Rozemarijn bridge just before the canal (= Coupure). The trip takes about 10 to 20 minutes. For tickets, timetables and route updates click here (select from ‘Gent Sint Pieters' and to ‘Rest. Campus Coupure').
- Cross the road and follow Coupure Links along the canal. The entrance of the campus is on the next corner.
Location of InBio.be
- Once you have entered the Faculty, you will see on your right-hand side a low orange building (A-block) and straight ahead a newer 6-floor building (B-block).
- Enter the B-block by taking the middle entrance and take the elevator to the 2nd floor.